Chelsea Irwin, LMSW uses an interdisciplinary treatment approach to help individuals navigate difficult life transitions, increase their self-confidence, and overcome obstacles to success in their careers, relationships, and personal growth. She works closely with clients to create a relationship of safety, trust, and empathy through which to explore each client’s unique challenges, strengths, and goals.
Chelsea draws her treatment techniques from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic, Relational, and Family Systems Therapies. She specializes in depression, anxiety, trauma/PTSD, and LGBTQ and other identity-affirmative therapy. Chelsea is also a Certified Professional Coach, allowing her to incorporate effective motivational strategies for goal attainment based on each client’s carefully assessed needs.
Before Cobb Psychotherapy, Chelsea practiced in a variety of settings including Gouverneur Health, an outpatient mental health clinic, and an employee assistance program consulting firm.
Chelsea completed her Bachelor’s in Psychology at Georgetown University and her Master of Social Work degree at Columbia University Graduate School of Social Work.
Trainings and Certifications:
- Certified Professional Coach, Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Certification in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Gouverneur Health Training: Multicultural Trauma, Evidence-Based Treatments
- Working with Survivors of Sexual Violence
- ACS: Mandated Reporter Training