Cherise White, M.S., LMSW is passionate about collaborating with, supporting, and empowering you to achieve your goals and navigate through the joys and frustrations of life. It is her desire to promote quality of life and wellbeing by emphasizing the need to make one's emotional and mental health a priority. She embraces the biopsychosocial model and believes it is essential to consider the intersection of the brain, mind, body, and behavior in her work with clients. She has experience providing therapeutic services to individuals of diverse ages, couples, and families and has worked in a variety of settings including outpatient, inpatient, veteran health systems, and colleges.
Cherise adopts an integrative therapeutic approach by drawing from evidence-based methods present in cognitive behavior therapy, motivational interviewing, mindfulness, interpersonal therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and solution-focused therapy.
Cherise is a graduate of Hampton University, earned a Master's of Science degree in Industrial- Organizational Psychology from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and a Master's of Social Work from the University of Michigan.
Trainings and Certifications:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Linehan Institute Training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Screening, Brief Interventions, and Referral to Treatment
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Co-Occurring Disorders: Clinical Dilemmas in Assessment and Treatment