Elizabeth Cobb, LCSW, ACT is the founder and lead therapist of Cobb Psychotherapy. Elizabeth helps clients overcome anxiety and depression, improve their communication skills, and build fulfilling relationships. Her specialty is working with clients who suffer from anxiety and depression that may be affecting their relationships, work performance, and sense of well-being. Elizabeth uses a combination of cognitive behavioral therapy, psychodynamic therapy, mindfulness techniques, and coaching to achieve optimal results.
Before founding Cobb Psychotherapy, Elizabeth practiced in a variety of settings including New York Presbyterian Hospital, a community outpatient mental health clinic, and an employee assistance program consulting firm.
Elizabeth completed her undergraduate degree at The George Washington University and her Master of Social Work degree at Columbia University.
Trainings and Certifications:
- Diplomate, Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- Beck Institute: Fundamentals of CBT, CBT for depression, CBT for anxiety, CBT for personality disorders
- TEAM CBT level I certified
- Parnell Institute: EMDR Part I & II
- University of Pennsylvania: CBT for Insomnia
- PESI: Gottman Method
- Trial Based Cognitive Therapy
- BehaviorTech DBT: Skills training