Erica Cramer, LMSW believes that people are the experts of their own lives and treats therapy as a collaborative partnership. During the therapeutic process, Erica creates a supportive and empowering environment that promotes personal exploration and growth. Erica’s style is non-judgmental, warm, and authentic. She tailors treatment to each client’s needs and encourages open communication throughout therapy to ensure that individual goals are being accomplished.
Erica provides psychotherapy to children, adolescents, and adults. In her work, she utilizes elements of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and other evidence-based modalities. Erica has a proven track record of helping individuals with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, trauma, personality disorders, life transitions, substance/drug abuse, interpersonal relationships, self-esteem, sexual orientation/gender identity and learning differences/specific needs.
Prior to the mental health field, Erica worked in luxury apparel and has a strong business background.
Erica earned her Master of Social Work from Columbia University and her Master of Business Administration from Lynn University.
Trainings and Certifications:
- Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk (AMSR)
- Controlled Assess to Lethal Means (CALM)
- Psychological First Aid Problem Solving Treatment
- Integrated Mental Health/Addictions Treatment Training (IMHATT)
- IMPACT Depression Care Model
- Office of Children and Family Services Mandated Reporter Training
- Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) Training
- Columbia University: Unpacking Oppression 101
- New York Creative Arts Therapists – Understanding the Possibilities and Limitations of Using the Arts in Therapy
- Ackerman Institute for the Family – Family-Centered Treatment: A Clinical Model for Working with Parents and Children with Special Needs