Nadine Burgos, LMSW, MS.Ed has dedicated the past 12 years combining education with supportive counseling interventions for diverse populations. Her therapeutic and multi-cultural competencies are tailored to meet specific needs of clients who struggle with anxiety/stress, depression, panic attacks, interpersonal relationships, work/life balance, and low self-esteem. Nadine provides individual, couples, and group-counseling and has experience working with adults, adolescents, and children. Nadine applies psychodynamic and evidence-based methods such as supportive counseling, cognitive behavioral, mindfulness-based, and solution-focused therapies.
Nadine’s warm, empathic, and person-centered approach puts clients at ease within an objective and nonjudgmental environment. She develops successful therapeutic alliances through collaborative goal setting and empowerment. Nadine guides clients to build healthy coping strategies and to achieve insight into thoughts, feelings, and experiences so that they can make rational choices and move toward a healthier emotional state.
Nadine holds a Master of Social Work Degree from New York University and a Master of Science degree in Education.
Trainings and Certifications:
- Beck Institute CBT Essentials
- RTI - Response to Intervention
- ACS-Mandated Reporter Training
- PBIS - Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies
- New York State Certification: School Social Work
- New York State Professional License: Students with Disabilities
- Candidate, Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy (2 year Program)