Sarah Spitz, LMSW became a therapist to help people live their best lives. She seeks to empower individuals who are looking to better understand themselves, cope with anxiety, depression and various life stressors, strengthen their communication skills, or want to integrate mental health into their overall wellness. Sarah also specializes in body image and disordered eating challenges.
Sarah works with individuals of all ages and uses a client-centered approach, tailoring her techniques to each individual so that they can achieve their goals. Her work includes elements of cognitive behavioral, psychodynamic, and mindfulness therapies. Sarah is also a certified health coach and a registered yoga teacher, and incorporates elements of both in her work. Sarah strives to create a safe and supportive environment for self-exploration and personal growth.
Sarah completed her undergraduate degree at Vassar College and her Master of Social Work degree at Columbia University.
Trainings and Certifications
- Certified Vinyasa Yoga Teacher RYT 200
- Certified Holistic Health Coach: Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- TEAM CBT Therapy
- Beck Institute: CBT Essentials
- BehaviorTech Foundations of Exposure Therapy
- BehaviorTech DBT: Skills Training
- Certified Eat Breathe Thrive facilitator