Defeating the Valentine’s Day Blues for Singles
Month two of the new year comes around and you notice that stores, television ads, and much of social media begin advertising love. You can barely go a day without being reminded of the holiday coming up. That good old fourteenth day of February. Does this day provoke sadness in you? Do you not know what to do if you don’t have a significant other to spend the day with?
If you are single and experience the Valentine’s blues, know that you are not alone. It’s common to know what couples, or groups of friends do to celebrate this day — some may go to the movies, dinner, a party, amongst other things. However, how often do you see advertising for Valentine’s Day activities you can enjoy when you are a party of one? Check out some of these creative events occurring on this year’s V-Day:
1. Engage in an event at the Museum of the City of New York, 1220 Fifth Ave, 103rd St.
Love Themed Museum Wide Scavenger Hunt
Valentine’s Day Programming
Love Yourself Project 10,000 Hearts Campaign
Acapella Love Songs by The Perfect Fifths
Private Gallery Tours
2. Laugh uncontrollably at a Comedy Show
3. Ice skate at Lakeside Prospect Park, 171 East Dr, Brooklyn, NY 11225
Admission costs $7 on weekdays and $10 on weekends
4. Enjoy a play at the Public Theater, 425 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10003
SEA WALL, a monologue about love and the human need to know the unknowable.
5. Attend the Take Back Your V-Day event at Rise New York, 43 West 23rd Street
Check out their Museum of Broken Relationships pop-up, Valentine crafting, playing Bundle, a personalized board game, dream card readings, beer, wine, pizza and more.